Working with Job Tickets
A Job Ticket is a set of Resources (specifications and rules) that can be applied to one or more QuarkXPress projects. Each Job Ticket has a name and is stored in a particular Job Jackets structure. A Job Ticket contains both project-level Resources (such as colors, style sheets, and color management settings) and layout-level Resources (such as Layout Specifications and layout definitions).
There are three kinds of Job Tickets:
- A Job Ticket template is a definition for a “master” Job Ticket. In some ways, a Job Ticket template is similar to a master page or a QuarkXPress template file.
- An active Job Ticket is a copy of a Job Ticket template that is associated with a particular project.
- A deferred Job Ticket is a copy of a Job Ticket template that has been associated with a project, but is no longer associated with that project (for example, if the project was closed without being saved).
- Creating a Job Ticket template
- Adding a layout definition to a Job Ticket: Advanced mode
- Applying a Job Ticket template to a project
- Applying a layout definition to a project
- Collaborating with shared Job Jackets
- Exporting and importing Job Tickets