Preferences — Layout — Color Manager
Use the Color Manager panes of the Preferences dialog box (QuarkXPress/Edit menu) to define colors so they display or output consistently across all devices.
In the Transformation Method area:
- To specify an engine for color transformation, choose an option from the Color Engine drop-down menu.
- To achieve the darkest possible blacks in all output methods, check Black Point Compensation.
In the Source Options area:
- Use the Source Setup drop-down menu to specify the source color space of pictures and colors used in QuarkXPress.
- To enable the Profile Information command in the Window menu and the Color Management tab in the Import Picture dialog box, check Enable access to image profiles. This option allows you to view information about profiles.
Print layouts only: To specify how layouts display when you use the View > Proof Output submenu, use the options in the Soft Proofing area:
- To specify a default proof output setup, choose an option from the Proof Output drop-down menu.
- To specify a rendering intent for soft proofing, choose an option from the Rendering Intent drop-down list. Perceptual scales all the colors in the source gamut so that they all fit within the destination gamut. Relative Colorimetric retains colors that are in both the source gamut and the destination gamut. The only source colors that are changed are those that are not within the destination gamut. Saturation considers the saturation of source colors and changes them to colors with the same relative saturation in the destination gamut. Absolute Colorimetric retains colors that are in both the source gamut and the destination gamut. Colors that are outside the destination gamut are adjusted in relation to how they would look when printed on white paper. Defined by Sources uses the rendering intents defined in source setup for all colors and images.
Print layouts only: In the Vector EPS/PDF Files area:
- To color manage vector content in imported EPS and PDF files, check Color Manage Vector EPS/PDF. Note that this preference applies only to EPS and PDF files imported after this box is checked.
- To color manage vector content in EPS and PDF files that have already been imported in the active project, check Include Existing Vector EPS/PDF in Layout.
Web layouts only: To specify an output profile for HTML export, choose an option from the HTML Export drop-down menu.
Interactive layouts only: To specify an output profile for SWF export, choose an option from the SWF Export drop-down menu.