Preferences — Layout — Tools
Use the Tools panes of the Preferences dialog box (QuarkXPress/Edit menu) to specify default characteristics for the Zoom tool and the Item tool , and to set defaults for items created by item creation tools.
- To configure Item tool options, select the Item tool and then click Modify. Use the Shift + nudge Increment area to control by how many pixels the Item tool nudges an item. Use the radio buttons under Double-Clicking a Box to determine what happens when you double-click a box: You can choose to switch from the Item tool to the appropriate content tool or to open the Modify dialog box.
- To control the range and the increment of the view change for the Zoom tool , select the Zoom tool and then click Modify.
- To configure dragging options for the Text Content and Picture Content tools, select the combined content tool and then click Modify. Click Create Boxes to create a new box when you drag with a content tool selected. Click Select Boxes to select boxes when you drag with a content tool selected.
- To change the default attributes for items created by one or more related item-creation tools, select the tools and then click Modify.
- If you have modified the preferences for a tool and intend to change the preferences back to the default settings, select the tool(s) from the list and click Restore. If you have modified the preferences for several tools and intend to change all of the tool preferences back to the default settings, click Restore All.