Finding and changing text
The Find/Change palette (Edit menu) lets you perform standard search-and-replace operations. In addition, you can use this palette to:
- Find and change using wild card characters: Command+Shift+?/Ctrl+Shift+?
- Find and change text formatting, including style sheet, font, size, color, and type style (including OpenType styles)
- Constrain find/change operations to a single story, or to an entire layout
- Find and change based on character language (see “Applying a character language“)
- Find and change ligatures
- Find and change invisible characters (see the Keyboard Command Guide)
Press Option/Alt to change the Find Next button to Find First. To search and replace based on formatting attributes, uncheck Ignore Attributes.
Use the Find/Change dialog box to search for and replace text. To search and replace based on formatting attributes, uncheck Ignore Attributes.