Tables in Web layouts
You can create tables in Web layouts just as you do in Print layouts. However, the following table features are available only in Print layouts; the features may be changed or unavailable in Web layouts:
- Blends in cell backgrounds.
- Shade percentages for backgrounds when Web-safe colors are chosen.
- Dashes and stripes on gridlines.
- Varying widths for gridlines.
- First Baseline, Minimum, Offset, and Inter-Paragraph Max values.
- Multiple text inset values.
- Run Text Around All Sides.
- Flip Horizontal/Flip Vertical applied to text.
- Rotated or skewed text within cells.
If you want to use these features in a Web layout, you must rasterize the table or some of its cells:
- To rasterize an entire table, choose Item > Modify and check Convert Table to Graphic on Export. For information on the options in this tab, see “Working with graphic elements” earlier in this chapter.
- To rasterize a single cell, select the cell with a Content tool ; choose Item > Modify; click the Cells tab; and check Convert Cell to Graphic on Export.