Creating bleed and safety guides
If you need bleed and/or safety guides, you can add them with Guide Manager Pro rather than altering the page size or drawing your own guides.
Here, red bleed guides are placed 9 pts outside the page while green safety guides are placed 9 pts inside the page.
To create bleed and/or safety guides on the active page:
- Choose Create Bleed and Safety Guides from the Guides palette menu.
- For bleed guides, check Bleed, enter a value in the Gutter field to specify how far outside the page to place the guides, and then choose an option from the Color menu.
- For safety guides, check Safety, enter a value in the Gutter field to specify how far inside the page to place the guides, and then choose an option from the Color menu.
- Use the View Scale and Locked controls as you do in the Guide Attributes dialog box (see “Creating guides with Guide Manager Pro“).
- To apply the bleed and safety guides to multiple pages, use the Spread Range controls.
You can add bleed and safety guides to master pages and layout pages.
- Click Preview to see the guides on-screen, and then click OK.